- Permanent users: $18/hour profit $9/hour non-profit
- Children’s parties: $25/hour
- Casual bookings: $25/hour
2. How many people can the hall hold?
- 40-50 in the indoor space
- 50-70 with the use of the outdoor space.
3. Do you allow 18th and 21st birthday parties?
- No. The hall is only available for children’s parties up to the age of 12 years.
4. What is the size of the hall?
- 7 M x 10 M (70 m2)
5. What equipment is available?
- Chairs: 65 adult & 35 children’s. Tables: 6 large, 2 small & 4 child-size.
- Large enclosed playground/play equipment and sand pit.
- Outdoor toys for hire (in shed next to hall)
6. When can I start setting up for my event?
- Your booking should include set up/clean up time. You are allowed an extra 15 minutes before and after your booking for extra set up and clean up time.
7. Can I decorate for my celebration?
- Certainly! As long as you leave the hall as you found it that’s fine. We ask that you please not use duct tape or sticky tape on the mirrors.
8. What are the clean up/finishing requirements?
- Users are required to leave the hall in the same condition they found it.
- Hall floor should be swept and spillages mopped (no need to mop entire floor).
- Kitchen benches cleared and wiped
- All food and drink removed from the fridge.
- All garbage placed in the bin outside or taken with you if the bin is full
- Make sure all door and windows are locked at the end of the session
- Make sure all lights and heaters/air conditioners are switched off
9. Entry and exit requirements.
- Entry and exit is via the playground, through the left hand door. All other doors can be opened once inside the hall.
10. When and how do I pick up the keys?
- You will be informed about key pickup arrangements a few days before your booking, provided full payment has been received. The key should be returned as soon as possible after your booking.
11. Is alcohol allowed at the hall?
- No. Since we do not ask you to provide your own insurance, we are not able to take on the liability of people under the influence of alcohol.
12. Can I use the kitchen and what is available in it?
- Yes, the kitchen is available for use. There is a stove, oven, microwave, kettle, urn and a bar fridge. You should bring your own crockery and utensils to use in the kitchen. Please don’t leave any food or drink in the fridge/freezer.
13. Can I open the windows?
- The windows above the mirrors can be opened.
- The windows facing Chinner Street cannot be opened.
14. What toilets are available?
- There are two toilets available. One is wheelchair accessible.
15. Is the hall wheel chair accessible?
- Yes, via the ramp near the carpark.
16. What toys are for hire?
- The outdoor toys (located in the shed in the playground) can be hired for $25. They include sandpit toys, ride on toys, balls etc.
17. What is the latest time I can book the hall?
- The hall must be vacated by 9:30 pm
18. Is there heating and cooling?
- Yes, there are two reverse cycle units. Please make sure they are switched off before leaving.
19. Do I need public liability insurance?
- Permanent users are required to have their own public liability insurance and need to provide an up to date copy of their certificate of insurance.
- Casual users hosting a public event, or providing a public service will also be required to have their own public liability insurance.
- Other casual or party users are not required to provide insurance.
20. Does the hall hire out equipment (ie tables and chairs)?
- Not usually. The hall is very busy and the equipment used by hirers throughout the week.
21. How do I pay?
- We only accept electronic payments. An invoice will be issued and full payment of the bond and hiring fees are required to secure a booking. If there is a problem paying the whole fee on booking, we ask for a minimum $50 deposit and the remaining invoice must be paid at least three weeks before your booking.
21. Can I get a refund if I cancel?
- Yes. Full refunds for the bond and hiring fees can be provided in the event of cancellation if a legitimate reason is provided.
22. How do I get my bond back?
- Bonds are returned once the keys are returned and as long as the hall has been left in good condition. They are returned by cheque or by EFT.
23. What do I do if there is a problem?
- The hall is run by volunteers who are not normally available on weekends. Please try to deal with any issues that arise. If there is an emergency, call the hall mobile. If there is a major issue and you cannot reach the booking officer you can contact one of the other committee members. Their contact information is available on the notice board. Please let the Booking Officer know of any minor maintenance issues by email.